Hi all, not many sleeps until Christmas.
The following are the key items from Novembers Committee meeting
- The new IRB hull has arrived and has been commissioned. Our oldest hull will be sold via a competitive process.
- The Taranaki Savings Bank has replaced State Insurance as a major Surf Lifesaving New Zealand.
- As part of our ANZAC exchange program, a group of Australian lifeguards will be visiting Whiritoa during January 2017. See Chaz for more detail.
- There will be no increase to club subscriptions this year.
- The club renovations are nearly complete and currently within budget.
- The club (as well as every surf club in NZ) received a $500 gift voucher from BP. This was allocated to the Patrol Captains to go towards covering their travelling expenses.
- A fence has been installed at the base of the sand dunes in front of the club to encourage people to stay off the dunes.
- The coaches for the Summer Junior Surf Programme have been appointed.
- The Whiritoa Tennis Club donated $500 to the club to go towards new furniture.
- Surf New Zealand have released a new uniform. The existing uniforms will be replaced over the next few years.
- Zespri donated two tubes to the club.
- Infinity Trust is donating to all surf clubs a package of equipment including: new Rescue board, helmets, radio and IPAD (for entry of patrol information).
- Surf New Zealand have appointed a new staff member who will have a key role in running all the Junior Surf Carnivals in our region.
- Zenbu WIFI for the public will be hosted at the club. There is no costs to the club.
- A $100 grocery voucher was allocated to each patrol for their first weekend. Note: Whangamata New World ended up donating the vouchers.
- There will be an official opening of the new renovations on the 30th of December 2016.
- The committee is looking for a volunteer to be the “Gear Steward”, see Chaz for more detail.
Regards Garry Christoffersen